8 WEEK MBSR PROGRAMME
The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program is an 8 week integrative participant-centered approach developed at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre.
The program offers experiential training in formal and informal mindfulness practice and is designed for individuals with chronic illness and stress related problems. It is also beneficial for people that just want to live more mindfully.
- Pre-course evaluation meeting (30 min)
- One 2,0 Hour group session a week for 8 weeks
- One all-day session (5 Hours)
- Free participation in subsequent all-day sessions.
- Your commitment to do homework every day you are not in class during the program (45 min).
Classroom learning and practice of:
- Mindful breathing practice
- Body scan meditation
- Gentle mindful movement (adaptive yoga).
- Sitting meditation
- Walking meditation
- Group dialogue & interpersonal learning
- Pre-course meeting – The intention of this meeting is to determine if the programme is suitable for the individual
as well as to create opportunity to discuss expectations and address questions.
- Commit to full attendance and completion of homework
- Submit a completed application form (Registration and personal information) etc.
- Pay tuition fee prior to start of program
- If you are receiving treatment, consult with your doctor or psychotherapist to get their recommendation and agreement for the MBSR Program prior to the course.
Who can attend the program:
- We welcome anyone who understands the commitments, aims and limitations of the program to apply.
- People who are willing to become collaborators in their own physical and mental wellbeing, and want to live more mindfully.
- Participants need to have adequate comprehension regarding the underlying principles of the program.
- In certain cases where people are undergoing medical or psychiatric/ psychological treatment, it might be appropriate to delay MBSR